How To Build a Raised Garden Bed Out Of Cinder Blocks
Building a raised bed garden is easy. You can customize it to the size and shape you want. You only need a few tools and a small space in your backyard; a few feet will do. These raised bed gardens come with significant advantages. You can start planting crops with fresh soil.
Also, you do not have to worry about losing valuable soil that you need for plant growth.Say goodbye to weeds and growing grass that would have grown together with the plants if you planted on a level ground. This makes plant maintenance easy.
You can use different methods to make raised bed gardens. You can use wood, sandbags, concrete and logs. If you are looking for other uses for cinder block you can check out our article called 20 Creative Ways to Use Cinder Blocks in Your Home and Garden.
However, in this article, we will explore how you can make a simple raised garden using cinder blocks. They are inexpensive to buy, and you do not have to use any tools for building your garden.
How to prepare the location
1. First off, make sure the ground is level. This makes it easy to arrange the blocks to make it look neat.
2. You can choose whichever height you want. For example, in the video, the gardener used two layers of the concrete blocks. This provides a bigger space for your crops.
3. You can fill the concrete with some soil so that you can plant herbs such as Italian parsley. Also, you can plant flowers in these holes as well.
1. Make sure that you fill the raised garden with water. Remember that when you water the soil, it will be more firm.
2. Every plant has different requirements on how you should plant them. Strictly follow the instructions given on the plant tag. This will enable you not to miss any crucial points such as spacing.
3. You can also leave one of the concrete blocks without soil. You can use it to put your tools inside them as you work.
4. Ensure that you water the plants regularly.
These raised gardens take up little space in your garden. Also, older people who have issues with back pains can now enjoy farming as they used to when they were young. This is because the ground is raised and therefore, they do not have to bend so much when working. You can also sit on the concrete blocks while working because the blocks are strong enough..