Homemade Cheesy Breadsticks with Marinara Sauce for Dipping
Indulge in the delectable goodness of homemade cheesy breadsticks paired with a zesty marinara sauce. This recipe combines the perfect balance of cheesy, garlic-infused breadsticks and a tangy tomato-based dipping sauce.
Get ready to satisfy your cravings and impress your guests with this delightful treat. Let’s dive into the two parts of this recipe: Cheesy Breadsticks and Marinara Sauce for Dipping.
Cheesy Breadsticks Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Olive oil for brushing
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the melted butter and milk to the dry ingredients. Stir until a dough forms.
- Gradually fold in the shredded mozzarella cheese, minced garlic, and fresh parsley. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead it for a few minutes until smooth.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangular shape, about ½ inch thick.
- Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut the dough into strips, approximately 1 inch wide.
- Carefully transfer the breadsticks onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them.
- Brush the breadsticks with olive oil, ensuring they are evenly coated.
- If desired, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top for an extra cheesy flavor.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the breadsticks from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy these cheesy breadsticks on their own or paired with Marinara Sauce for Dipping.
Marinara Sauce for Dipping
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the pan. Sauté until the onions become translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce thickens and the flavors meld together, remove from heat.
- Allow the marinara sauce to cool slightly before transferring it to a serving bowl.
- Serve the Marinara Sauce alongside the warm Cheesy Breadsticks for dipping.
With its irresistible combination of cheesy breadsticks and tangy marinara sauce, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. The Cheesy Breadsticks are soft, flavorful, and packed with gooey melted cheese, while the Marinara Sauce adds a burst of tanginess.
Whether you’re hosting a party or simply craving a tasty snack, this homemade treat is bound to leave everyone wanting more. So, grab a breadstick, dip it in the savory marinara sauce, and savor the deliciousness of this delightful dish!