Fast, No Knead Bread Recipe
Have you been searching for a fast, no-knead bread that is actually easy? It seems as if the ones labeled EASY often involve extra steps that no one wants to complete. Not this recipe! You can make it the day that you want it. You don’t have to wait overnight.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon yeast – can be active, dry or instant
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups HOT water – around 125 to 130 degrees F. Make sure it is NOT boiling
- Extra flour for kneading
1. Add the flour, yeast, and salt into a bowl. Mix well.
2. Next, add the hot water. This step is what makes the recipe different. Most overnight recipes allow you to use cold water, but the hot water is going to speed up the process. Who wants to wait overnight to have fresh bread? Not us!
3. Mix the water with the dry ingredients. You will notice the dough is shaggy and not like a typical texture.
4. Then, wrap it with plastic wrap and let the bowl set for three hours on the countertop. You can wait longer, but three hours is the minimum. You don’t have to make sure it is in a special, warm place. Just leave it on your counter and go about your business.
5. After three hours, you will notice the mixture is puffed up and has bubbles on top. It will seem slightly soften.
6. Add flour to the surface and transfer the dough onto the floured surface. Remember, it is going to be sticky! Add some more flour on top of the dough. A scraper is really a great tool to have here. It allows you to scrape up all of the dough that will stick to the surface. Use your hands and scraper to knead the dough.
7. Don’t knead for too long! Create a ball shape and transfer to a bowl-shaped container that is lined with parchment paper. Cover with a towel. Let it sit while the oven heats.
8. Put the Dutch oven into the oven (without the bread inside) and preheat your oven to 450. Make sure that handle is not plastic!
9. Once its preheated, take out the pot from the preheated oven. Transfer the parchment paper and dough into the Dutch oven. Cover and put the Dutch oven in for 30 minutes. This method creates moisture, which is how you create artisan type bread.
10. Remove from your oven after 30 minutes. Take off the lid, remove the parchment paper and put the bread back into the dish. Then, put uncovered back into your oven. You can leave it in there for 10 to 15 more minutes, depending on how crispy you want your crust.
Now, you have a fresh loaf of different, no knead bread. The actual hands-on time is less than five minutes, perfect for the busy person. This recipe is sure to impress your family and friends!