11 Creative Things To Make With 55 Gallon Plastic Barrels
While you might not have a 55 gallon drum just laying around your home, they’re a perfect material to use on your homestead. you can get them online for next to nothing, You can use 55 gallon drums for feeding farm animals to storing water, raising fish, growing a garden, or even making a few fun toys for the kids, there are lots of uses for a 55 gallon barrel. Pick them up locally and get started on your favorite project! Send me some of your pics and ideas and i will gladly add them to my list.
7. Pedal Car Kits – A plastic 55 gallon barrel serves as the body. Build it as a soapbox racer or add the unique pedal drive. The Speeder has received many upgrades over the years and now has a chain drive and coaster brakes.
8. Drum Barrel Train Car – Our Drum Barrel Train Car is made from a plastic drum barrel and secured to a metal wheel base. It can be pulled by any small tractor, riding mower or golf cart.
9. Compost Bin – Having your compost bin settled on a sturdy stand saves your knees and back. The size means that you’ll have plenty of nutrient rich soil to put into your garden!
10. Dog House – Get a plastic drum, clean it, cut one hole in it, throw some straw and you’re set
11. Make your own Honey Cow (Top Bar Bee Hive) – Beekeeping is an ancient DIY art, performed by amateurs and makers for centuries. Anyone can produce natural honey at home. People keep bees in many different kinds of hives, but we will focus on a cheap and simple design, called the Honey Cow.
page 2 of 2